Founded in 1952, the Brevard Humane Society (Central Brevard Humane Society) is the County’s oldest established animal welfare organization. A “no kill for space” shelter, the Humane Society is dedicated to speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves. The Humane Society educates the community on responsible pet ownership and the humane treatment of animals, advocates for spaying/neutering to reduce the homeless pet population and provides the best quality care to Brevard County’s abandoned animals by placing them with responsible, caring owners in “furever” homes.
The Brevard Humane Society provides animal welfare shelters and programs that foster a humane ethic toward all animals. We also strive to deepen the community’s commitment to spaying and neutering, as well as to the adoption of homeless companion animals. We believe this to be essential to achieving our purpose of humane care & treatment of all animals, and to succeed in becoming a “no kill” community.
“No More Homeless Pets… Spayed/Neutered… Adopted”
Who We Are
Meet Our Staff
Here are the members of the Brevard Humane Society’s Management Team who support our organization in the community. There are countless other support staff, volunteers and local supporters that help us to continue our mission and provide for the homeless animals in Brevard.
Theresa Clifton, Executive Director
(321) 636-3343 ext: 204 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Ruhe, Shelter Manager
(321) 636-3343 ext. 205 • email@example.com
Kat Davis, Event Coordinator
(321) 636-3343 ext. 218 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Barone, Volunteer Coordinator
(321) 636-3343 ext: 207 • email@example.com
Melissa Crawford, Chapel Services
(321) 636-3343 ext: 208 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Gilchriest, Media Relations Manager
(321) 636-3343 ext. 209 • email@example.com
(321) 636-3343 ext. 202 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Deaton, Foster & Rescue Program Coordinator
(321) 636-3343 ext. 207 • email@example.com
Brevard Humane Society Merritt Island Adoption Center
155 Pioneer Road, Merritt Island FL 32953
(321) 636-3343 ext: 214 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Brevard Humane Society – Molly Mutt Thrift Shops
Molly Mutt I Thrift Shop – 2525 N Courtenay Pkwy Merritt Island FL 32953 (321) 459-1525 Facebook
Molly Mutt II Thrift Shop – 728 East New Haven Ave Melbourne FL 32901 (321) 951-3607 Facebook
Molly Mutt III Thrift Shop – 876 US Highway 1 Rockledge FL 32955 (321) 638-8950 Facebook
Molly Mutt IV Thrift Shop – 2890 Palm Bay Rd NE Palm Bay FL 32905 (321) 951-2777 Facebook
Molly Mutt V Thrift Shop – 3620 South Hopkins Ave Titusville FL 32780 (321) 567-2569 Facebook
Board of Directors
· President: Sandi Trudeau, Sunny Beach Rentals
· Vice President: Rob Smith, SGT, Inc.
· Treasurer: Dianne George, Brevard Nature Alliance, Inc.
· Secretary: Justin Ward, Lockheed Martin
· Rich Carpenter, Community Volunteer
· Ellen Doreen, Intuitive Counselor
· Michelle Earltinez, CVT, Eastern Florida State College
· Jim Frazier, Grimaldi Candies
· Karen Lee, Community Volunteer
· Jodi Levesque, Engineering Consultant
· Kimberly Newton, Panera Bread Company
· Susan Thompson, National Realty
· Tom Yardley, Yardley Law
Position Statement: Millions of animals are euthanized each year for lack of forever homes. Purchasing or rescuing a puppy or kitten from a pet store supports puppy and kitten mills, an industry which mass breeds animals for profit, without consideration for genetic quality, appropriate husbandry, veterinary care or homing techniques. Therefore, the Brevard Humane Society is against the sale of puppies, dogs, kittens and cats in pet stores.
Members of the Board may be contacted through the Brevard Humane Society at (321) 636-3343 ext. 204 or email@example.com.